> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Citibank Nigeria Limited – Is the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
A career with us means joining a family of more than 200,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and make a real impact.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest recruitment at CitiBank Nigeria Ltd.
Head: Local Regulatory Reporting
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|SEE ALSO: American Express Latest Recruitment 2023|
Citibank Nigeria reports Basel/IFRS compliant reports to the Central Bank of Nigeria and other financial services regulatory authorities. The role of Regulatory Reporting is a critical function placed within Nigeria’s Finance department and reports directly to the Country Finance Officer (CFO) on all aspects of activities outlined below: The purpose of the role is to ensure: Regulatory returns submitted to key regulators of Citi Nigeria are accurate, timely and of high quality; analytical insights on these returns are available to management for the purpose of decision making; that strong controls are applied and implemented during the process, and opportunities for process improvements are identified and implemented along the way. Responsibilities include:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Support the analysis and submission of reports to various regulatory authorities based on applicable requirements such as IFRS, BASEL, ICAAP, Pillar 3 Disclosure and local regulatory reporting rules.
- Overseeing and monitoring the production process of regulatory returns.
- Accurate review, analysis and filing of regulatory returns to the regulators and management.
- Overseeing and monitoring the production process of regulatory ratios.
- Have a sound understanding of the financial statements and the accounting standards and their impact on various reporting aspects within Finance;
- Provide analysis and responses to all issues relating to CBN and NDIC queries on an on-going basis;
- Review, interpret and implement CBN and NDIC regulations as required by the local regulator;
- Application of strong internal controls, with a focus on continually strengthening the control environment.
- Identifying areas where process improvements can be made to achieve efficiencies and a strong control environment;
- Support the improvement of data quality as it pertains to financial and regulatory reporting.
- On an annual basis, support the external regulatory audit.
- Support the CFO and Controller with ad-hoc requests.
- Support application and implementation of IFRS standards.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures relating to regulatory reporting.
- Provide support (preparation of committee packs, analysis of information for business purposes) for various management committee meetings and external meetings (Regulator on-site visits), including ability to assist with chairing meetings where required.
- Working closely with Business partners and other functions in relation to regulatory reporting as appropriate.
- Produce metrics to senior management highlighting key regulatory issues and remediation status and maintain and enhance related operational and analytical procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating cluster and regional regulatory control deliverables (LRR)
- Assist in the development of process efficiencies and improvement efforts as well as data quality improvement projects.
- Interpret policies, guidelines, and processes and resolve complex problems and transactions.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess regulatory risk when business decisions are made\
|SEE ALSO: Latest Vacancy at Tony Elumelu Foundation|