> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) – Formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN organization. The UNFPA says it “is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted.
The UNFPA supports programs in more than 150 countries and areas spread across four geographic regions: Arab States and Europe, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa. Around three-quarters of the staff work in the field. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group and part of its executive committee
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of a personal assistant at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
Personal Assistant to the UNFPA Resident Representative
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria
- The Personal Assistant (PA) provides critical senior level, administrative, secretarial and communications support, as a direct report of the Country Representative.
|SEE ALSO: FedEx Nigeria Latest Recruitment 2023|
How you can make a difference
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
- As the key administrative support to the Country Representative, you will be responsible for maintaining full confidentiality, upholding protocol, managing information flow and following up on deadlines and commitments.
- You will also facilitate knowledge building and management; provide logistical support; support communications; and coordinate secretarial services.
Duties and Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Ensuring optimal communication flows between the Representative and the staff of the CO, as well as external counterparts. In consultation with other CO personnel, responding to requests for information, in a timely, discrete manner.
- Preparing documentation and presentations, including correspondence, briefs and reports, and researching and collating material to meet the Representative’s needs for official trips and meetings.
- Proofreading and clearing correspondence for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements before being signed by the Representative.
- Undertaking logistical administrative and financial arrangements in consultation with the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist, for meetings, workshops and official receptions organized by the Representative’s Office.
- Coordinating the secretarial services of the CO, including briefing and training new secretaries, guiding other secretaries on office procedures, and distributing special administrative assignments.
- Managing the Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments; receiving high-ranking visitors/officials; and taking minutes as required.
- Managing all aspects of the Representative’s travel arrangements, including maintaining appropriate files and reports and monitoring the budget of the Representative’s Office;
- Assisting in the preparation and finalization of the CO Office Management Plan, including the preparation of information translations, and acting as interpreter if required.
- Maintaining a database of addresses, phone and fax numbers of Government Officials, NGOs and the Diplomatic Corps.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the Representative from time to time.