> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Boomplay (formally known as Boom Player) is a music and video streaming & download service developed and owned by Transsnet Music Limited.
Boomplay’s vision is to build the largest and most reliable digital music ecosystem for artists and content creators in Africa. The Boomplay app which won the “Best African App” at the 2017 “AppsAfrica Awards” has over 68 million users as at January 2020. It is currently the biggest and fastest-growing music app in Africa with a catalog of 20 million songs and videos which is still growing day by day.
Applications are currently accepted from interested candidates to fill the job opening at Boomplay Nigeria.
Content Acquisition Executive
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
SEE ALSO: Job Recruitment at BIC Nigeria
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Drive Boomplay’s relationships with key content partners in Africa.
- Responsible for developing content strategy, securing/acquiring new content & additional rights for exploitation by Boomplay.
- This role also supports all label licensing initiatives from negotiation to administration of our terms. While heavily focused on operational processes, the role also requires and will benefit from a leader with strong aptitude for strategic analysis, communications and relationships/partner management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Seeking out missing tracks on Boomplay and getting the CP/artist/label to bring the song on Boomplay.
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract negotiation and templating)
- Track trends and analyse performance for culture & lifestyle content and other content categories globally, cultivate relationships and research in local markets in an effort to find new talent, shows and projects
- Develop a deep understanding of content markets through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
- Perform due diligence to ensure the rightful ownership of Intellectual Property
- Increase the company’s revenues by acquiring new, hot, trending & in-demand content
- Develop opportunities, partnerships and strategies to acquire content rapidly
- Identify potential up-coming artists and hit songs that the company can strategically market to generate more revenue
- Communicate market trends around the production and distribution of content and new content opportunities to internal and external partners
- Review Contractual Terms and conditions and ensure contracts are executed properly
- Ensure Artist’s Royalties are paid on time
- Negotiating for acquisition deals
- Assist the HQ team in improving the content acquisition strategy and standards.
- Seeking out content investment opportunities (masters/publishing).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Business, Management, or related fields; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Music/Live industry management or similar leadership roles and have connections with artists, record labels, content partners etc.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the culture & lifestyle creative community, and have solid relationships with top artists, managers, booking agents, PR agents, promoters, DJs and labels in the community
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and execution skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.